Guidelines for Dirty Dogs
- Dogs must be on leash, held in your arms, or in carriers at all times, and under the control of an adult. For the safety of all our guests, please lock your retractable leashes to 6 feet or less while in the shop.
- Do not leave pets unattended at any time.
- Make a mess? Please notify us right away so we can mop up to prevent slip hazards.
- For health and safety reasons, we recommend that puppies be over 4 months, with all their puppy shots, before you bring them to the shop.
- Please keep a close eye on your pets while browsing through the store. Items damaged by chewing, leg lifting, etc. are considered an "instant purchase", and they will be added to your bill upon check-out.
- Disruptive and/or aggressive dogs may be asked to leave, at management's discretion. If you need them, muzzles are available for loan, for use in the shop, at no extra charge.
- Children must be attended by, and under the supervision of, a parent or responsible adult guardian at all times. We want kids to have fun and enjoy their visit to the shop, but If they break it, you bought it.
- Please be courteous to our neighbors, and scoop da' poop. We offer plastic bags at no charge, and a dumpster is available across the drive from the shop. Please use them.
- Play nice, get clean, have fun!
"Our Pit Bull has destroyed every and all play toys since she could chew. From bicycle tires and inner tubes to all manufactured dog toys. While at the Farmers Market in Tehachapi I stopped by Canine Creek Dog Wash & Boutique about this dilemma with our dog "Snookie" the terror of toys. Susie recommended a product made by "GoughNuts" a circular Dough nut shaped toy about 2" thick by 5" in diameter. Susie expressed a guarantee that Snookie or any dog could not chew up and destroy this dog toy product. Well, I purchased the toy with much doubt in my mind. After eating a full plate "crow pie" I will now put my own guarantee with Canine Creek that no dog can chew up this wonderful toy, probably no creature on this earth for that matter. Snookie has been non stop attempting to damage it, but to no avail. She loves chewing and I enjoy throwing and rolling the Green GroughNut with her. No doubt in my mind that this "cannot destroy" toy, by far and away is the best ever made."
(Note from Canine Creek: As you can see from the testimonial above the GoughNut is an great toy. It's guaranteed for a one-time free replacement if your dog can chew it up. We've sold a few dozen GoughNuts, and haven't had any come back. There's probably a dog out there who can destroy one, but we haven't met him yet. Want a GoughNut for YOUR dog? Visit our online shop Toys page.)
– Ron from Tehachapi